WPEngine is one of the biggest names in the hosting industry. This web hosting is a WordPress-specific web host that is more performance-oriented.
If you are a business that wants more features and website performance is your top priority then the WPEngine is what you should go for. We have curated this detailed review for WPEngine web hosting that will drive you through its features and other relevant stuff. So let us get started.
Provided here are some of the technical aspects that are necessary to know before choosing a web hosting service.
- Website caching: Regular website caching and optional object caching for caching database queries.
- Content Delivery Network (CDN): All WP Engine plans include CDN access from MaxCDN at no extra cost.
- PHP: Ability to switch between PHP 7.2 and 7.3.
- HTTP/2.0: In use on the servers and the CDN.
- SSL: import your own certificate or purchase one through WP Engine.
- SFTP: Ability to create multiple secure FTP accounts for access to your webspace for uploading and editing files.
- Email service: No email service on any of the WP Engine plans.
- Plugin restrictions: There’s a list of disallowed plugins, including some caching, backup and optimization plugins that can affect website performance.
- Security measures: Websites are scanned for malware and other security issues, and the support team will take action if anything untoward is detected.
- WordPress website migration: WP Engine has a free plugin that helps you to migrate your WordPress website to their hosting platform.
- Visitor Analytics: You can view data on your website traffic and allocation usage through the WP Engine user portal dashboard.
- Speed: less than 1000 ms
- Uptime checks: The front end of your site is monitored for downtime, while the back end is also monitored to keep an eye on overall site health. Uptime of 99.95%.
- Support channels: A 24/7 live chat channel is available on all plans, while 24/7 phone support is available on all plans except the entry-level Startup plan. The 24/7 ticket support is reserved for the top tier custom plans.
Pricing plans and details
WPEngine offers three hosting plans to choose from. You may also choose a custom option if your brand receives millions of visitors a month, or if you are someone who needs to host at least 25 WordPress websites on one account.
Looking at the predefined WPEngine hosting plans, your options are as follows:
- Startup: $25 a month for one WordPress website, up to 25K visits and 50 GB bandwidth per month, with 10 GB of storage. You’ll also get an SSL certificate, access to a global CDN, and a few other key features.
- Growth: $95.83 a month for ten WordPress websites, up to 100K visits and 200 GB bandwidth per month, with 20 GB of storage. You also get access to 24/7 phone support and can import your own SSL certificates.
- Scale: $241.67 a month for 30 WordPress websites, up to 400K visits and 500 GB bandwidth per month, with 50 GB of storage.
- Premium and Enterprise: These are custom plans, so pricing will vary. They provide lots of additional resources and support and move your hosting up from a shared setup to dedicated servers.
Pros and Cons of WPEngine Web Hosting
Now that you have already got enough information on the features of WPEngine, let us move on with our review. This section will examine the pros and cons of this web hosting service.
With this hosting service, you should really keep all your security worries at bay. WPEngine ensures that your website doesn’t get hacked in any way with its advanced security features. It doesn’t update any core feature without testing them.
- Fast loading time
WPEngine has an approximate speed of less than 1000ms which means users won’t struggle with opening your website. It offers a CDN in partnership with MaxCDN which results in fast loading.
Moreover, the best part is that CDN is included for free with all WP Engine hosting plans which make it cost-effective.
An uptime of 99.95% tells us that your users won’t get troubled while reaching you. Be it for one user or a rampant increase of users your site won’t crash.
The proprietary front end layer system handles the traffic and will ensure that your website runs effortlessly.
- Support and customer service
With over thousands of customer interactions per day, WPEngine has great customer satisfaction statistics. They offer 24/7 live chat support with all plans.
Moreover, you also get 24/7 phone support except for personal plans. Enterprise customers get more benefits like access to 24/7 ticket support via email. Premium and Enterprise customers receive a consultative one-on-one onboarding experience as well.
- Plugin restrictions
What may cause a little trouble is that WPEngine does not let you install certain plugins. The restricted plugins include many caching, backup, related post plugins, and others.
They are bound to do so because they may conflict with WPEngine’s other features. Also, they may cause high server load. These restrictions are actually a benefit rather than trouble.
- No Domain Registrations
WPEngine offers only web hosting service. It is unlike other shared hosts that also allow domain name registration within themselves.
You have to go for domain name registration from some other service. Some users may find it uncomfortable to switch between services.
- Higher costs
We have already mentioned earlier that WPEngine is on the higher tier of the cost spectrum. But we assure you that you won’t regret investing in this.
Although expensive, it offers myriad features that will keep your website up and running smoothly.
WPEngine is extremely worth your attention and consideration. It offers myriad features that you may require for your website. There is nothing that should stop you from trying this one service out.
With great features comes a great MoneyBack guarantee as well. Yes! If you don’t like their service you can ask for a refund within 60 days of activation. So you are the one benefiting from all the sides.
For more information and features, this detailed review of WPEngine web hosting will be helpful. So choose wisely and invest your money correctly.